Thursday, January 05, 2012

Santa brought me a toy

I got an ipod touch for Christmas. I'm not a gadget person, but I absolutely love this gadget. I don't even have any music on it. The reason I have no music on it is because my computer is "too" old and it won't let me update itunes to a new enough version. I hate Apple for that. Planned obsolescence irritates me greatly. My computer works fine and I have no desire for a new one. So forget the stinkin' music. My ipod does so many other things that are great without being a music playing device. It's got an instrument tuner so I can tune my fiddle at the jam session. It's got a concertina that I can play when I'm just doodling around. I can record tunes at the jam session so I can learn them later. Take notes, make shopping lists, whatever. Send mail, surf the net. Take pictures and upload them to flickr. I downloaded the Kindle, but I have no kindle books yet. A friend was showing me an Audubon app that helps you identify birds. I may get that. Those are the kinds of things I do with it, but it can do just about everything I'd ever want to do. I love this little thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment