Friday, May 13, 2011

Good news!

Looks like Blogger had a hiccup and didn't post my last post which was to say how amazing things can turn around in an instant. I had a 4th bounced paycheck one day and a job offer the next. Naturally I accepted and I'm once again back into the realm of the middle-class. I'll be full-time with benefits and all that. Proof you can drop out, be a bum and hike the PCT for a few years, and drop back in. Probably helps that I am educated and intelligent and not a 50 year old male looking for construction work.

I will never have to listen to the boss and his New York accent hollering "where are the orders?" "stop talking and start selling," "just do what you're told" and my least favorite, "buyers are liars." It's no wonder they were a sinking ship.

I guess it'll be 5 to 10 years before I can attempt another thru-hike. This is sad, but hopefully by then I can do thru-hikes all the rest of my days.

No comments:

Post a Comment