Monday, March 14, 2011

Peace Pilgrim

I've always admired Peace Pilgrim even before actually reading anything about or by her. Somehow I just always knew about her.

Peace Pilgrim walked all over the place with nothing more than the clothes she wore and a comb. It turns out she also walked the Appalachian Trail and was the first woman to hike the whole trail in a single year. Also, she did it at the same age I hiked the PCT and it looks like after she hiked the AT she became Peace Pilgrim and started her mission to walk around for Peace.

I guess living out in nature and walking affects some of us women similiarly. Or perhaps it is a certain kind of woman who is attracted to walking. Although I have not gone on a mission for peace or for just walking around, I do wish I could just keep on walking out in nature.

Little day hikes aren't quite enough. There is something about the lifestyle of the wanderer that just feels right to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment