Monday, January 31, 2011

My dinner was half wild

Tonight I made a dinner comprised of wild chanterelle mushrooms and wild mustard greens. I picked both of these on hiking trails. Also in my dinner where spinach, onions and cream. It was a cream soup. It was delicious.

I ordered a book on edible plants and am waiting somewhat impatiently for it to come. That free Amazon shipping takes a long time. I hope to find more greens I can eat. Many of them probably grow as weeds in my yard. Next time I make a soup like this, I hope to substitute some kind of wild greens for the spinach. I could have used miners lettuce except I didn't have a bag when I saw some the other day so I didn't collect any.

1 comment:

  1. I had two comments here from two of my long-time commenters but I deleted them because they were obviously spam. These spammers sure are clever. Anyway, the spammers got through because I turned off comment moderation to see what would happen. That's what happened. So I've turned it back on.

    ReplyDelete