Saturday, December 11, 2010

Latest or possibly last homemade shoes

leather_closed_toe3.JPG I made another pair of shoes, this time from leather. I think I finally achieved a decent pair of shoes. They feel so comfortable. They fit like a glove. The sole feels wonderful. There is no slipping off the back or any issues with fit at all.

I am going to wear them to a party tonight even though they are totally unprofessional and informal. I don't care. Nobody will see them under my outfit anyway.

I don't think I will make any more shoes for a while. I really like the Vibram Newflex soling material I made these out of. I don't want to ruin it with any more shoe projects that don't work. If I use the Vibram for anything else, it will be to resole some of my existing shoes.

If I do make another pair it will be another one just like these. I have some black leather to make them. It's my last project I had planned. But I don't feel like making anymore shoes. I need to dispose of most of the other shoes I made. None are as good as these. All were part of the learning process, though, so it's not a total waste.

No comments:

Post a Comment