Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Host troubles

I bumped my bandwidth yesterday and still was getting bandwidth errors today. Something was definitely wrong. I have had over 4 million good hits and over 3 million failed hits to my site. That's absurd.

I tried to call my hosting company to see if they could help me figure out what was happening, but their phone didn't seem to work. It didn't even ring.

So I decided I would just go switch hosting companies. I signed up, transferred files and within minutes the name server on one of my sites updated. My hiking site is still in limbo waiting for the nameserver. But I think it's going to work smoothly. I will have unlimited bandwidth and unlimited disk space. And it's cheaper per month.

Since I can't even call my old hosting company, I have no idea how I'm going to cancel except to go in to the admin panel where I store my credit card and just remove the number. Let them try to contact me.

No comments:

Post a Comment