Saturday, June 05, 2010

Plastic bag ban in California?

I sent a letter to my representatives to support a ban on plastic bags in California. Trouble is, my representatives are republicans. I have pretty much zero faith in getting politicians to support the environment or people over industry and less than zero faith in getting republican politicians to do that. So I have no hope that such a ban will pass here.

The fog is thick today. I hope we are going to Walker Pass to hang out with hikers. I could use some sunshine.

1 comment:

  1. Our local paper ran an article about a Marin County lady named Bea Johnson. She writes a blog called Zero Waste Home that addresses some of the issues you are working through. It's amazingly hard to break free of the numb herd. I don't even know if it's possible, but I am glad people are trying.
    http://www.zerowastehome.blogspot.com/

    Palomino

    ReplyDelete