Monday, May 24, 2010

My feet always hurt ever since my hike last summer

500 mile mark on the PCT On my hike this weekend I went 20 miles the first day and 12 the second. By the end of the first day I was limping and sore in my knees and feet and my hips a little bit, too. By the end of the 2nd day I had a blister on my left little toe. I was grateful I didn't have to walk the full 20 miles on my second day and I was also worried that if I didn't meet the crew for the ride to my car I would have to go 32 miles and I wasn't sure I could. It's a bummer not to be in thru-hiker shape. It's also a bummer to still have sore feet from my hiking last summer. I wish my feet would heal. Maybe they never will.

I've tried wearing minimal shoes since that was what helped in 2008 after my feet were broken by Montrail Hardrocks. But the minimal shoes haven't seemed to work this year to make my injuries go away. Maybe I'm just old and broken now. It was fun hiking this weekend but I realized while doing it that if someone handed me a million dollars and said go for a thru-hike, I wouldn't be able to do it. That made me sad.

1 comment:

  1. How much Omega3 do you have in your diet?

    http://www.ehow.com/way_5348162_nutrition-sore-joints.html

    ReplyDelete