Friday, January 08, 2010

Going out to enjoy nature this weekend

With luck, I'll be going out into the backcountry tomorrow.

Here is my gear list (sorry I have no scale for weights, but it's very light):

Pack
ULA Relay pack

Clothing carried
Fleece balaclava
Fleece sleeves
Fleece gloves
Wool socks
Rain chaps
Patagonia down sweater
Patagonia houdini

Sleeping
Golite Ultra-20
1/2 Z-rest
1/2 blue foam pad

Shelter
Gossamer Gear One
Polycro groundsheet

Cooking
A small aluminum pot with foil lid (cooking by fire)
Lexan spoon

Water
2 1-liter platypus
1 1-liter plastic bottle
16 oz Naked juice bottle
Aquamira

Personal items
Toothbrush/paste
floss/sewing needle
ibuprofen
matches
bandaids/tape/gauze/random pills
neosporin
stick-pic (for taking self-portraits)
bandana

Clothing worn/things carried
I'll decide tomorrow. Probably zip-off pants, long-sleeved baselayer, long-sleeved button-down shirt, light wool socks and trail runners.
Trekking poles (2)
tiny knife
lip stuff
Mosquito headnet (in case of flies)
Small digital camera

Wow! All that for just one night!

We'll be hiking about 15 miles over Saturday and Sunday through a section of the Condor Trail burned by fire last year. There may not be a trail. It might be difficult going. Hopefully I can get a new battery for my truck tonight and not wake up with a cold tomorrow. The Man has been sick since New Years and I keep wondering when I'm going to get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment