Saturday, January 16, 2010

Future of Food

I watched a documentary today called Future of Food. These companies that patent life really make me angry. This is why I am trying to learn how to grow my own food and why I like to shop at the Farmer's Market. And why I volunteer at La Huerta garden.

I often wonder, when I hear things like what is discussed in this movie, what it is going to take for us to get our country back from the big corporations. I am quite ready to pick up my pitchfork. In fact, I often feel like I'm just waiting for all this to finally fall apart and come to an end.

Sometimes I feel that all the hope in the world lies in the so-called Third World. It will be where the ideas that help us start over will originate once all this insanity in the First World finally collapses.

No comments:

Post a Comment