Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Running

This weekend there was a marathon race in town. I did not see the race, but this morning I did see a video someone made while running the race. It looked like fun. People who run marathons look so healthy and happy.

While hiking the PCT, I would consider a 26 mile day to be a relatively easy day. A 28 mile day was about right. A 30 mile day was getting up there and more than that was too much. I can easily walk 26 miles. But I struggle to run even one mile.

When I returned from the PCT I hoped to change that. I hoped to run to stay in shape and maintain my weight loss. I hoped that in time I could work my way up to trail running and even ultrarunning. Sadly, I could barely run a mile and eventually I gave up. The weight returned and I don't even think about trying to run on trails anymore.

I would like to change that. I just need to get my butt out there and do it, I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment