Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Jobs I sometimes think I would like to do

I am going to put this out to the universe and see what comes of it. Here is a list of jobs I sometimes think I would like to do. Maybe I could get a job like one of these someday. Right now, with my whale job, I have few hours left to pursue another job, but maybe that'll give the universe time to work on it. Here is my list, in no particular order:
  • Teach English as a Foreign Language
  • Pool cleaning
  • Delivery driving but not with my own vehicle
  • Interior plant care
  • Waitress
  • Barista
  • Research worker either collecting data/things outdoors or helping gather information indoors (like my whale job)
Why these jobs?

Teaching English and being a waitress or barista are things you can do almost anywhere. If I was good at these things, I could travel all over the place and get jobs when needed. Maybe even travel the world.

Pool cleaning, delivery driving, interior plant care, research worker outdoors all let me move around and be outdoors and exposed to natural light and the seasons. It turns out that these are important things for me.

Pool cleaning would let me be alone in serene conditions most of the time. I would be my own boss.

Teaching English and doing research things use my intelligence. It is nice to be an expert. Teaching English would also be creative, but I worry I might not be creative enough to be a teacher.

Waitress and barista would be fast-paced. The work hours would go by quickly. I would put bartender on the list, but they usually work late at night and I'm a morning person, so I put barista even though it's not the same and doesn't pay the same. If I did bartending, I think I would enjoy doing it for a catering venue.

Interior plant care would involve plants. It's not that close to nature, but it's a little closer than sitting in front of a computer all day.

If I think of any more jobs, I'll add them to the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment