Monday, March 16, 2009

Approved

They are letting me hike the PCT again and they're letting me into Canada. Thank goodness I'm still worthy of Canada.

I have my permits. I have my gear. I'm all set except for the resupply issue. I suppose I should think about that a little bit.

Mostly I'll just wing it, but I need to plan out the resupply for the beginning and maybe take some notes about Oregon and Washington so I'm not completely in the dark.

Next weekend Tony and I are going to preview the area where my proposed route meets the PCT, around Pyramid Lake and I5. A friend of mine suggested hiking more toward highway 138. He seemed to think that I could walk comfortably along the road, or that there might be a trail near the road. Perhaps there's something leading to Pine Mountain Road. Tony and I will try to check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment