Monday, March 31, 2008

Worked on my resupply schedule today

I spent most of the day working on my PCT resupply schedule. I'm sure it will be revised as I go along.

I estimated a meager 15 miles per day. I'll probably be able to do much more than that since I'm pretty certain the PCT doesn't make you crawl on your hands and knees like the trails I'm used to. But I figure the 15 miles per day helps even out the zero mileage days and the travels to and from trail towns.

Mostly I'll just resupply at supermarkets along the way with only about a half a dozen mail drops along the way. It should work out just fine.

I used the big trail guide books and Crow's resupply schedule to figure it out. I figure it will change as I do the hike depending on people I meet and other circumstances. So I won't publish it for now.

Next I have to figure out what to do on those days when I'm going to pick up my supplies. Where do I stay? Can I get back to the trail so I can stay there or will I have to pay some big corporation for the right to sleep?

It feels good to have that out of the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment