Friday, November 16, 2007

Swinging on a Gate

I started a tune last night: Swinging on a Gate.

I had been practicing it all week. And then, like a miracle, I heard someone mention that tune during the evening. I knew they were wanting to play it. It was going to be my lucky night.

So, at some point there was a lull. There were a lot of lulls during the night, but during this particular one it occurred to me that now was the time to start the tune.

And they played along. One fellow even rushed to get his guitar out but was too slow so we played another round. It was hard to start the tune with a guitar backer already going, but I managed.

Overall it was a fun night. I seem to be getting better at picking up tunes I don't even know. Or maybe they just had some that were easy to pick up. And as usual, many of the ones I've been working on were impossible to play. But at least I did relatively OK with my dumbed-down version of Dinky's reel.

Anyway, back to another 2 or 3 weeks of practicing until the next session.

No comments:

Post a Comment